Hmm... in a reflective mood today, though I probably won't do my reflections online...
Instead, after reflections, here are the top 5 NY resolutions I've come up with in reverse order...(I've read some where, that I should prioritise and if I can't even do the top 5 on my list, then there's no point in having any more than that) ;)...
5. To develop interesting material and to develop greater expertise in all aspects of my work.
--I guess I would like to take pride in my work and not be ashamed at the end of the day to acknowledge that whatever I've done is mine--I'm taking on new roles next year so I hope to develop expertise in all these areas and to be able to apply them even outside of work setting.
4. To develop closer relationships with my family, friends and colleagues.
--I think family is a blessing (or at least mine is)... and it has always been my regret that I'm not as close to my sisters and my parents as I would like to be. I guess my parents are also growing older and who knows how much longer I may have them or they may have me for. Sadly, years of neglect of my relationship with my family has caused many weeds that choke up communication to grow up. If it wasn't because of the fire of tribulation that helped burn off some of these weeds, I would still not be relatively close to my sisters. I'm also a godma this year, so I would like to be able to spend a bit more time with my god daughter and my other best friend this coming year. I definitely do not wish to be like my own godma whom I've seen exactly Once and only once. :P I would also like to spend a good amount of available time with my other best friend, Jan :D and with some other selected colleagues and good friends. :P I don't really know if I'll have the time, but I will try. :)
3. To learn to save.
--I would really like to save up this coming year. Even if it's just $100 per month, at least I'll be saving something. This year, savings were dismal or rather non-existent. It would be nice to save up so that I can go for a trip to Japan, buy nice things for various individuals etc. I would also like to save up for rainy days that would eventually come.
2. To hand up everything on time.
--I am a procrastinator by nature. Sad isn't it? However, I would like to change this part of my nature. :P but it can wait till 2008 ;)
1. At the top of my priority list this year ... Developing a closer walk with God. I think this is really the most important thing in my life currently? Ultimately, the number of years I have on earth is fleeting. In no time at all, I'll be on the other side of eternity. I think I would like to spend more time with Him so that at the end of the day, I will not be living eternal life with a stranger. That's so scary isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YO!
Greetings one and all, welcome to my humble virtual abode. This is my nth blog and I really hope it works out! Why my nth blog? Well, truth be told, I'm a technological barbarian, and even though I'm adapting bit by bit, this blog would truly NOT have been possible without the great changes that Blogger has evinced on its formatting palettes made available to us technophobes. Well... enough said. I've really enjoyed fiddling with these pages and hope to learn more in the future. Meanwhile, what can you expect from this blog? If you would rotate your eyeballs to the RIGHT, you will find links to various virtual spaces that I do visit. In future, I suppose you can expect updates on my life, and if I do ever ever write a fanfic, I suppose you can find at least an excerpt of it here. Mwahaha! That's if I ever write one... but don't hold your breath while waiting... I do have tons of things to do, for example... ... Ah well, time's up! May you have a pleasant journey this year.
Happy visiting!
Disclaimer: Pictures in slideshow are taken off some photo bucket thingy, none are actual photos of mine. Theme: Mountains.
Happy visiting!
Disclaimer: Pictures in slideshow are taken off some photo bucket thingy, none are actual photos of mine. Theme: Mountains.
No comments:
Post a Comment